Included in the Shun Cutlery Shima 4 Piece Steak Knife Set are four master crafted steak knives. Much of the delicious flavor in steak is contained in its juices, which are held inside by the fibers of the meat. Cutting with Shima’s razor-sharp 16° edge means that far fewer meat fibers are cut with each slice, so that more of the juices and more of the flavor remain exactly where they belong—in the steak. Shima’s long five-inch blade with its slight recurve is designed for easy, one-pass slicing. This shape is designed to ensure a smooth slice, whether pushing the blade forward or pulling it back. The slim, flat handle provides lateral stability, ensuring that the knife won’t rotate or twist in your hand. The PakkaWood handle scales, made of genuine hardwood and impregnated with resin, are beautiful, water resistant, and won’t harbor bacteria.
• A razor-sharp edge and recurved blade make cutting effortless, keeps juices in the meat
• Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
• Steel: High-carbon AUS8A Japanese stainless steel
• Handle: Ebony PakkaWood® with inlaid rondels
• Blade length: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
• Handcrafted in Japan